Office Depot and OfficeMax to Require Customers Wear Face Coverings While Shopping in Stores
Boca Raton, Fla., July 17, 2020 – At Office Depot, the well-being of our customers and employees is always a priority. As confirmed cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in regions throughout the country, we remain committed to taking precautions to help provide a safe, healthy environment while ensuring our local communities, businesses and schools have what they need to be productive and successful.
As such, effective Monday, July 20, we will require customers to wear face coverings while shopping at any of our approximately 1,300 Office Depot and OfficeMax locations. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), wearing face coverings in public settings helps to decrease the spread of the virus. Our store employees have been following this CDC recommendation for some time.
As this pandemic continues to evolve, we will continue to evaluate our policies and take necessary actions to help keep our customers and employees safe, including:
- Instructing our store employees to follow CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of the virus at all times and asking them to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Providing curbside pickup at most locations for customers that prefer to have their online or mobile orders brought out to their cars instead of picking up inside the store. Contact your local store for curbside pickup eligibility.
- Limiting store occupancy and enabling a six-foot distance requirement for all employees and customers, in support of the “social distancing” recommendations of the CDC.
- Reducing operating hours at store locations. Visit https://www.officedepot.com/storelocator/ for current hours in your area.
- Offering convenient delivery options including same-day delivery and free next business-day delivery on qualifying orders of $60 or more when customers shop on officedepot.com.
We appreciate our customers’ patience and understanding, and we thank them for putting their trust in us. For more information on how Office Depot is helping our customers and employees during these unprecedented times, click here.
About Office Depot
Office Depot, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP), a leading provider of business services, products and digital workplace technology solutions to small, medium and enterprise businesses. Through its banner brands Office Depot® and OfficeMax®, as well as others, the company offers its customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, growing and running their business through approximately 1,300 stores, an online presence and thousands of dedicated sales professionals. For more information, visit news.officedepot.com and follow @officedepot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.